In an effort to protect the rich culture of the project areas and to promote a code of good conduct, the following principles have been established for employees, their relatives and all visitors of the NEA project sites and work areas.
- Smoking and drinking of alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Earrings and other pierced rings are not to be worn by men; only one pair of earrings may be worn by women (other pierced rings are also not to be worn by women).
- Neither men nor women will wear Rasta or dreadlock hair styles.
- Men will keep hair cut and not wear ponytails.
- Men and women will not share the same room unless married.
- Men and women are expected to dress in a modest, clean and culturally acceptable manner. Women will not wear skirts or shorts that do not cover the knee on the project sites and will not wear shorts while engaged in any NEA activities outside the project sites.
- The site will be kept clean and rubbish will be disposed of at the specified areas.
- Project managers are responsible to bring to the attention of employees and visitors the site regulations and other issues that may from time to time arise and which may be culturally offensive or inappropriate.
- Noncompliance with the regulations or direction of the project managers will result in those offending being requested to leave the project site forthwith.
RATIFIED: MAY 26, 2001
Board of Directors
Northern Empowerment Association
Download: NEA Site Policy