In accepting a position on the Ghana Health Partners Team, you will be committing to be part of an international team of invited guests. Please read the following and give serious consideration to your commitment before applying to this mission.
1. Agree to wholeheartedly commit to this multidisciplinary healthcare team serving in rural Ghana. This mission is not a holiday, but very hard work!
2. Agree to fulfill your financial commitment by the posted due dates.
3. Agree to provide mandatory documents (including registration documents for physicians and dentists) by the posted due dates.
4. Agree to travel with the team at all times. Anyone wishing to deviate on the way home may do so but must return with the team to Accra prior to deviating.
5. Agree to participate in pre-trip preparations, including:
- attending virtual team orientation meetings;
- helping raise funds towards the general budget and the Leyaata Education Centre
6. Agree to uphold our team values of service, sensitivity, resilience, teamwork, and professionalism and having fun along the way
7. Agree to uphold the reputation of our host organization, Northern Empowerment Association (NEA), at all times, including abiding by the policies of NEA on the compound and in the villages.
- Volunteers are expected to maintain a non-smoking, alcohol-free lifestyle while staying in the Carpenter region. This includes refraining from drinking alcohol on the project site, from asking Ghanaians to procure alcohol on their behalf, and from drinking alcohol in any establishments in Carpenter, Bamboi, Nyamboi, Yaara, Asantekwaa, or any other village in which NEA conducts development work.
- Volunteers may not have dreadlocks or display multiple piercings.
- Women are required to have their knees covered at all times and tank tops must have wide straps.