In accepting a position as a Ghana Health Partner, please read the following and give serious consideration to your commitment before applying to this mission.
1. Agree to wholeheartedly commit to this mission serving in rural Ghana. This mission is not a holiday, and will be very hard work!
2. Agree to fulfill your financial commitment by the posted due dates.
3. Agree to provide mandatory documents (including registration documents for physicians and dentists) by the posted due dates.
4. If travelling with a team, agree to travel with the team at all times. Anyone wishing to deviate on the way home may do so but must return with the team to Accra prior to deviating.
5. If applicable, agree to participate in pre-trip preparations.
6. Agree to uphold Ghana Health Partners values of service, sensitivity, resilience, teamwork, and professionalism and having fun along the way.
7. Agree to uphold the reputation of our host organization, Northern Empowerment Association (NEA), at all times, including abiding by the policies of NEA on the compound and in the villages.
- Volunteers are expected to maintain a non-smoking, alcohol-free lifestyle while staying in the Carpenter region. This includes refraining from drinking alcohol on the project site, from asking Ghanaians to procure alcohol on their behalf, and from drinking alcohol in any establishments in Carpenter, Bamboi, Nyamboi, Yaara, Asantekwaa, or any other village in which NEA conducts development work.
- Volunteers may not have dreadlocks or display multiple piercings.
- Women are required to have their knees covered at all times and tank tops must have wide straps (unless relaxing in the residence).